In line with our sustainability policy we have recently engaged with analytic4energy to improve efficiency and reduce energy consumption with a trial at Reflexions Health and Leisure club in Aylesbury.
A survey of the facilities and analysis of the current energy performance was undertaken, after which analytic4energy advised that there was scope to reduce operating costs through energy demand reduction and improving the core energy infrastructure.
With no capital outlay to us analytic4energy completed various work including:
- Installation of a pool cover
- Installing a Trend BEMS Controller within the plantroom
- Providing sensors to trend controllers to monitor pool return air temperature and humidity
- Modifying the air handling units to provide air temperature during the ‘Out of Hours’ period when the pool cover is deployed
- Installing interface relays which were connected to the trend controller to provide time control to the Male and Female Extract Ventilation systems
We have been amazed with the results which have demonstrated a 17% energy consumption saving year on year, which will equate to an annual Co2 saving of 28 tonnes.
We are now engaging with analytic4energy with a further 10 sites across the group.