After a comprehensive tender process 3d Leisure were appointedFind out more »
Check out a few case studies including services in Corporate Fitness and Hotel Spa Management
As one of the leading corporate fitness companies in the industry, we are proud of our wide range of client case studies, which illustrate our experience in corporate, hotel gym and school fitness management.
Corporate Fitness Club
We worked with the client 2 years prior to the opening of the facility which includes a 30 station gym, studio, solarium, two treatment rooms and changing facilities. The facility is open to all head office staff who are charged £20 per month. After a 3 month presale we opened the facility with 75% of the target membership base achieved.
We achieved memberships target 3 months after opening and have maintained membership at those levels (45% of the workforce) for 7 years since. The club continues to make an annual surplus which is invested back into the facility to replace gym equipment etc. For the client we also negotiated discounts at commercial clubs nationwide which allows all the clients 400,000 employees access to discounted club membership at health clubs located within 10 miles of their place of work.
CORPORATE MANAGEMENT SERVICES Find out more
Hotel Club – 450m2
We took over the management of this hotel based club after membership levels had dropped resulting in an annual loss of £50,000. Through our management involvement and the implementation of our Quality Management Systems we have increased membership by 100% in year 1 and we got the club back to break even within 9 months. From then on, the club has consistently achieved profits year on year.
HOTEL MANAGEMENT SERVICES Find out more
This standalone health club had posted an annual loss of £39,000. When we took over the management. Without capital investment we increased membership by 40% and got the club back up to break even within 18 months. The club is now forecast to achieve a profit less than 2 years after we started.
PRIVATE CLUB MANAGEMENT SERVICES Find out more
After managing a 2 year design and build project, we opened a full service hotel spa in Ireland. The facility is split into 2 seperate areas, with health club facilities including a gym, pool, sauna and steam available to the members. The spa membership is provided with access to the health club facilities and also includes access to thermal suites, an outdoor hot tub, hydrotheraphy pool and 14 treatment rooms.
The health club opened with 500 members and reached capacity (1200) within 6 months of opening. The spa was quickly established as a key destination and day spa in the area generating in excess of £20,000 per week in treatment revenue alone. The hotel increased occcupancy by 25% at weekends through marketing the 2 facilities alongside each other.
HOTEL SPA MANAGEMENT SERVICES Find out more
Site: Dual use school facility – Open to the public from 5.00pm weekdays and weekends
Facilities: Gym, studio, changing rooms (Sports Hall, Outside Pitches)
- 3d leisure appointed after a competitive tender process
- 3d created the layout design and room specification sheets
- Branding created and paid for by 3d
- All staff recruited by 3d
- All precor fitness equipment supplied by 3d at no cost to the academy
- Varied exercise class programme created
- All operational costs covered by 3d
- Finance model demonstrates a profit share will be paid to the academy
- Marketing plan developed to appeal to staff, students and the local community
- Exceeded membership growth targets in the first quarter
SCHOOLS & COLLEGES FACILITY MANAGEMENT Find out more
Site: Privately owned holiday park. Membership facility open to local community
Facilities: Gym, Studio, Swimming pool, sauna, therapy room and external workout areas
A standalone club previously posted an annual loss of £39,000, 3d leisure services were introduced in September 2012. Without capital investment membership increased by 40% bringing the club back to break even within 18 months. The club is now forecast to achieve a profit less than 2 years after the introduction of 3d leisure management services.
Full audit of the club was produced with recommendations listed in a detailed report
- Recommendations were prioritised and actions put into place.
- Sales and marketing plan produced and implemented
- Sales tracking system and sales tests put in place
- Online membership launched
- Budget planned and agreed with KPI targets put in place.
- Membership at contract appointment was 842 and has risen to 987. A growth of 145 members (17%)
- Internal standards assessed and improved
- Operational savings identified and implemented
- After 7 months overall income had increased by 20%
- Profitability improved year on year by 26%
- Successful VAT rebate of £13,000 achieved
- New revenue streams put in place to increase secondary spend
PRIVATE CLUB MANAGEMENT Find out more
We have recently entered into a five-year partnership with TheFind out more »
In January & February, 3d leisure held a referral competitionFind out more »